WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WHAT ARE THEY USED FOR?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on the device through which you access a website, more specifically, through the browser used for this purpose, and that collect information relating to your navigation on that site.
Cookies are primarily intended to facilitate and personalise your browsing experience but, although not the sole reason for their use, they will also serve other purposes, namely to help us prevent fraud, optimise our services, and identify your preferences so that we can provide you with advertisements and offers tailored to your interests.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED THROUGH COOKIES?
Cookies and other similar technologies collect:
- Traffic and location informationThis includes your IP address (Internet Protocol Address), your location captured by a Global Positioning System (or GPS system), WI-FI access points and the antennas of mobile networks covered by your device;
- Access and session informationThis is the number generated to identify you as a user in session on a given site (Session ID), the date you started your session and the most searched words;
- Device InformationFor example, by detecting which operating system and browser was used, the date and duration of the visit to the site and the identification of other sites visited;
- Information on user behaviourThis includes, for example, the number of clicks made and the most visited pages.
QHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
There are session cookies (of temporary duration) and persistent cookies (long-term).
The former are only used for the period during which you are browsing on a given website, after which they are deleted, and allow you to continue browsing on that website without having to log in again, even if you change pages; The latter are stored on your device, even after you have finished browsing on the website, and aim to allow you to return to that website without the settings initially defined by you being changed in this new browsing.
Cookies can be further categorised according to the various purposes associated with them.
- Cookies RequiredThese cookies are always used, regardless of your consent, as they are strictly necessary for the regular operation of the website. Necessary cookies aim to ensure operability, optimisation and security issues and are usually persistent cookies.
- Analytical/Statistical CookiesCookies: These are cookies that allow the number of users of a website to be quantified and its behaviour to be analysed in order to define strategies to improve the service provided. As a general rule, they are third-party cookies.
- Advertising/Marketing CookiesThis type of cookies aims to collect information on the use made of the site allowing the identification of the user's preferences so that the advertising that is directed to them meets their interests.
- Performance/Functionality CookiesThis type of cookies is intended to enable functionality on our website that would not be possible without them.
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE ON THIS SITE?
In the table below you can consult all the information relating to the cookies used on this site, particularly with regard to their purpose, type, origin and retention period:
- Strictly necessary cookies (always on):
PHPSESSID: Identifies the current browsing session Duration: Session
- Preference Cookies:
favouriteList: Used to save your favourite products. Duration: 1 month
- Analytical/Statistical Cookies:
awxxxxThis cookie is used to identify when a user has come to our website via an affiliate link. Duration: 1 year.
- Operating Cookies
compareList: Used to activate the "compare" function on the website. Duration: 1 month
HOW TO DELETE/BLOCK COOKIES?
Cookies can be deleted at any time by following the instructions provided by your browser (e.g. firefox, chrome, explorer), some browsers also provide "DNT" (do not track) tools.
To set cookies in your browser, please follow the steps identified in your browser (see links below):